Welcome to ScapeCrunch

We are ScapeCrunch, the place where planted aquarium hobbyists come to build relationships and support each other. When you're tired of doom scrolling, you've found your home here.

Red Tiger Crypts

It’s crypt spirialis tiger grown extremely well. I have several of them from his last sale. Super healthy plants although of course they lost the insane red coloration under less light. He’s been selectively growing for quite a while from what I gather.
 
Anyone familiar with these? 🤔
Yep. Purchased some from that seller via Reddit. Plants arrived in great shape. As Mr JG mentioned, they lose the striking red color under low light.

Not the best picture.

IMG_1368.webp
Edit: Changed the image for a better one of the Red Tiger under low light.
 
Last edited:
Careful with placement, mind the flow. It gets quite big, it isn't hard to grow and it doesn't mind hot temperatures. If placed in the background, it will give you a nice focal point and shadows. You could also have it hit by flow so that the lit part of the leaves face the front. It will also seriously shade plants below, so aim to have hardsape or lowlight tolerant plants under its leaves.
 
Seems like I've seen that in one of @Dennis Wong 's tanks.
They are easy to grow actually. There are two different varietals. Spiralis red and spiralis tiger. If I don't remember wrongly, spiralis red has a green spine in the middle of the leaf whereas spiralis tiger is smaller, and redder (doesn't get the green mid rib).

Both grow large, and their root system runs a few feet long. I stopped growing them due to the size and root zone issue
 
They are easy to grow actually. There are two different varietals. Spiralis red and spiralis tiger. If I don't remember wrongly, spiralis red has a green spine in the middle of the leaf whereas spiralis tiger is smaller, and redder (doesn't get the green mid rib).

Both grow large, and their root system runs a few feet long. I stopped growing them due to the size and root zone issue
What would you use as a grassy tall focal point that wouldn't have the drawbacks of this plant?
 
Super easy to grow and keep red. This is with the light just turning on at 15% before I started my water change and maintenance Staurday. If I can grow it, anyone here can, these were from my Aquashella ADA tissue culture haul. Where I turned my tank into a chaotic mess as I got excited and grabbed everything I could get my hands on.
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20260926_161415834.webp
    PXL_20260926_161415834.webp
    198.6 KB · Views: 2

Top 10 Trending Threads

Back
Top