- Thread starter
- #21
I will be there. Booked for the Shizuku class on Sunday, too. So looking forward to it!I’ll see any scape crunchers there! Very excited to experience my first aquashella!
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I will be there. Booked for the Shizuku class on Sunday, too. So looking forward to it!I’ll see any scape crunchers there! Very excited to experience my first aquashella!
We did the same plants but different stone I did Jaguar.Agreed. My first aquarium hobby event was a weekend in Toronto which is roughly a 2 hour drive for me. It was an ADA event and I did the shizuku pot piece there. It was excellent! And I know what I brought home was worth far more than the small cost of the event.
View attachment 20063
View attachment 20068
Same I just wish I could get it easier and it wasn't $$$$. I need to go hunt for some cool local rock I can commercialize.I love the jagure stone. Works pretty well with Hakkai, too. I used a little in my 150.






















I am so interested to see how you like the new ADA Pro Razor. I love the ADA blades, just not super fond of the screws on my older version.So glad I attended. Capraquaria has done an excellent job of photographing and documenting the event! A couple treasures to share:
- first was the “red azalea” wood I bought from the folks at Pet World. I bought two large pieces. I think I was the first customer of the day and asked them to ship it and the owner labeled it and ran it out to his van right away before I took a pic. I included a pic of some similar pieces.
- second, was the “new” ADA Pro Razor. The new unit has a spring loaded attachment method and comes with a small tool to install the blade. Very nice!
- third was the TC cups from tropical. If I remember correctly we got 12 cups, plus a nice tshirt and towel for on the order of $100. They were pushing the fact they’ll be selling TC direct soon.

I had mentioned to @Noahspapa before he left for the show that Pet World was what I consider to be my LFS, even though I have several other stores closer to me. They not only have that great selection of hardscape, but also the best freshwater fish selection in the KC area. The owners are great.I am so interested to see how you like the new ADA Pro Razor. I love the ADA blades, just not super fond of the screws on my older version.
Hope you made it out of Newark Ok. The delays got pretty bad later in the day. I finally got home several hours late, around 1 AM.
I agree, the folks at Pet World were great. I didn't make it by there until Sunday morning, but they still had some big stuff. Spencer may have been a bit of an enabler, and I might have accidentally procured some heftier pieces of ghostwood. I would love to visit their warehouse in person.
View attachment 20211
I now have the affliction of hoarding random pieces of hardscape before I have hatched a plan to even have a tank to put it inIn my defense, finding any hardscape locally is all but impossible, so I seized the opportunity. It could always double as wall art! Looking forward to seeing that Red Azalea wood you purchased in a scape. It's really cool looking!
You too! Hopefully we can chat more at an Aquashella next year. Congratulations on your Best Use of Hardscape award!Was great to meet you! Wish we had more time to chat.